I may or may not be writing this in my closet in a whispery font.
Because I have four kids. The boy kind.
And since I am the mom they often seek me out to ask random questions their dad could have answered since he was STANDINGRIGHTBESIDETHEM when they needed the thing.
Who is the Mom behind the Lightly Frayed parenting stories? My name is Karen Gauvreau and humour is my jam.
- I firmly believe chocolate is a food group meant to be consumed during times of stress, celebration, daylight. After 20 years of marriage my husband has learned to accept this and hide his chocolate. Unfortunately for him, I’m a good finder.
- I come from a family of 4 girls. There was a lot of pink, laughter, wardrobe sharing and late night chats in the upstairs hallway. I might still be adjusting to the paradigm shift of having 4 boys.
- I love being a Mom. Stepping out of full-time teaching for this role has led to a sixteen year maternity leave.
- Living on one income (plus little bits here and there) has been a fun challenge. I love to stretch a dollar, save creatively for big ticket items like keyboards and braces and have fun on a dime.
- I am an entrepreneur and want to help other Moms (and teenagers) follow their dreams and love their imperfect lives.
- My very favourite thing to do is to unpack kitchen boxes. I would do this for a total stranger. If you are a total stranger, please don’t ask me to do this because my husband will eye roll if I start another side business.
- It is a unique pleasure to write for magazines like Thriving Family and MomSense. The thought of helping people pass time while they are waiting in the dentist’s office or having their tires changed is strangely rewarding.
- I suspect my older children might soon protest being the subject of many posts. I’m counting on the youngest to keep it going. When he says something funny, he quickly asks me to put it in an email (he means facebook). When he starts to protest, we’ll have another baby.
- I’m joking about the last one.
- I firmly believe that humour is essential to sanity. Sarcasm. Shared jokes. Delighting in life. Absolutely essential. In spite of this, I have still managed to have a frowny wrinkle far before my time. Completely unfair.
There are many sites you can visit and I’m really honoured that you popped over here. Stay for as long as you would like.
Peek in at my crazy, sometimes unravelling life.
We’re in this together, Mama!